Ebay kiln

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unobtainium subscriptions will be unavailable after 30th April.... get one now while they still exist! Click   here!  .

• Reading the manual, such as it is, I get the impression the controller is pre-configured to "work". Effectively you just enter the temperature setpoint required and it will heat to that. Where you'd need to program stuff yourself is the ramp/soak profile for whatever process you want to undertake.

Let's say you want to set up an annealing cycle for something: you'd want to set program comprising a start temperature of, say 800 degC and a soak time of say 30 min, followed by a ramp down segment: say 10 hours with an end temperature of 400 degrees, giving controlled cooling at 40 degrees/hour, then switch off.

Most dedicated kiln controllers will do this and are specifically designed for the non-technically-minded. The end-user usually only has access to a limited menu.

Industrial controllers with ramp/soak capability tend to be cheaper and much more versatile, but assume the person setting them up is technically minded and understands their process. There is not usually multi-level menu access, so there is the possibility of the end-user accidentally changing something major (like the thermocouple type).

The controller shown is a REX C100. Googling Rex c100 does not exactly fill me with confidence. I couldn't find a reference to a programmable version of the Rex C100 from a quick google.
    • timgunn1962 wrote:

Reading the manual, such as it is, I get the impression the controller is pre-configured to "work". Effectively you just enter the temperature setpoint required and it will heat to that. Where you'd need to program stuff yourself is the ramp/soak profile for whatever process you want to undertake.

Let's say you want to set up an annealing cycle for something: you'd want to set program comprising a start temperature of, say 800 degC and a soak time of say 30 min, followed by a ramp down segment: say 10 hours with an end temperature of 400 degrees, giving controlled cooling at 40 degrees/hour, then switch off.

Most dedicated kiln controllers will do this and are specifically designed for the non-technically-minded. The end-user usually only has access to a limited menu.

Industrial controllers with ramp/soak capability tend to be cheaper and much more versatile, but assume the person setting them up is technically minded and understands their process. There is not usually multi-level menu access, so there is the possibility of the end-user accidentally changing something major (like the thermocouple type).

The controller shown is a REX C100. Googling Rex c100 does not exactly fill me with confidence. I couldn't find a reference to a programmable version of the Rex C100 from a quick google.
      I have a C100 and there is no ramp as far as I can find, just an on/off when the set temperature is reached. I suppose you could get a different controller, the C100 is very cheap.