Blade heat treatment

Welcome to EM's new look and feel! Please have a quick read of this post and feel free to raise any queries.
Please vote now for our April photography calendar competition winner!
There are still places left for this year's "Alt-Bardster's", in a field in mid Kent, Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th May... with camping and lamb roast! See here and here for details.
  • I have been doing heat treatment of peoples' blades for several years now. I can heat treat the most popular steels such as O1, D2, Niolox, N690, Damsteel and a few more. If you have a blade steel not on the list, ask me and I can tell you if I can do it or not. I can also do folder springs as well in a variety of steels.

The heating is done in my digitally controlled Evenheat oven and quenched in liquid nitrogen if the steel needs it. The cost is £11 per blade for oil hardening steels like O1 and £12 for air hardening steels like N690. The prices are for blades up to 300mm long and 6mm thick. Please ask for quotes for longer and/or thicker blades. The cost includes signed for return UK postage. The service also includes straightening the blades post hardening, a service few large commercial firms can offer. Turnaround time is typically 3 weeks or less.

Please contact me for further information.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss or damage to blades/springs sent to me for treatment.