Handmade canvas NATO watch strap

Welcome to EM's new look and feel! Please have a quick read of this post and feel free to raise any queries.
Please vote now for our April photography calendar competition winner!
There are still places left for this year's "Alt-Bardster's", in a field in mid Kent, Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th May... with camping and lamb roast! See here and here for details.
  • For the sake of transparency, I paid for this with my own dosh and will be keeping it :D

Quick and dirty review of a new of a handmade canvas NATO strap by Steveo of stevostraps.com
    I was recommended Steveo by a member on BB regarding a replacement leather strap for my new Glycine (I have quite big wrists and most standard leather straps are not big enough)
    After discussion via email with Steveo I ordered that and was told it was about eight days turn around.

I was just having a browse of his site the day after and saw leather and canvas NATO straps. I’m a massive fan of this type of strap and have a reasonable collection of styles and colours that get regularly swapped over on a variety of watches.

I ordered one of the canvas NATO’s to come with the leather one and save postage.
    Both straps arrived recorded delivery yesterday morning, quite a bit quicker than estimated.

This is Steveo’s pic of both together he sent me before shipping

I would probably describe the strap as a Rhino type due to the shape and the size of the hardware which is brushed steel

I’ve only been wearing it for a day but its easily one of the most comfortable straps I’ve even known. It’s made from MK8 Type B cargo parachute flight release system canvas (whatever the heck that is????) specifically two pieces glued together with a flexible polymer adhesive.

It’s a 20mm one so fits loads of my watches. My Traser has 22mm lugs but when I popped it on there it looks fine?

Here are a few shots on different watches

A Precista 18Q

A Smiths Military (the 39mm version)

and a gratuitous wrist shot of the same

and on the Glycine Combat 7 it was bought for

I fancy one of his leather NATO’s next so watch :rolleyes::D this space