Anyone out there EDC just a SAK?

Help EM and UK knife making and unlock loads of premium features by buying a subscription here!
  • I still EDC my SAK. I don't know the model, but it's got a saw and a blade and a corkscrew and some other stuff I seldom open. It's been with me for thirty years. We've been to three continents and I don't leave the house without it.

Rescaled in black leather about 15 years ago and still going strong.

I usually have one of a number of custom/nice folder in my waistcoat pocket, but the SAK is my only constant companion.

30 Year. Just another testament to how good these knives are.

Any pictures of the scales Hepotec?

• During the working week I only carry a Victorinox Cadet. Which is a wonderful little bit of kit, the only problem being the soft blade steel. I wish you could get one with a much better blade steel, I imagine it would cost more but I would buy one.

Well their damasteel special editions should have a higher hardness... but they cost an arm and a leg.

And there is the g sakai clone with a ZDP main blade.

Personally I am hoping that one of the makers here will step up and offer us options.

Also currently my edc is a 2017 pioneer and a classic.

• During the working week I only carry a Victorinox Cadet. Which is a wonderful little bit of kit, the only problem being the soft blade steel. I wish you could get one with a much better blade steel, I imagine it would cost more but I would buy one.

I've seen a few folk replace the blades - pretty sure Alan Wood did one and also know someone else who forged his own pattern welded steel blade for it.

• I usually carry a SAK Solo or Farmer during the winter months or when it's rainier. They are great well made knives but prefer my Opinels as cutting tools. That steel they use for the main blade is just so soft. Even a small step up to something similar to 420hc would be a big improvement in performance.

I reckon a Niolox bladed SAK (made by an EM maker) would fit into my knife rotation very easily. :) 

• Count me in for a niolox-bladed SAK!

I've rarely left the house for most of my life without a SAK. These days I carry a small belt pouch with a Mountaineer in it; my favourite selection of urban tools.

If I'm heading into the countryside that pouch is replaced with a pocket kit containing a Huntsman. Almost the same knife but I figure I'm more likely to want a wood saw than the metal saw/file on the Mountaineer. Although, if it's anything other than a little walk with the missus, I'll likely have other knives then too.

My urban EDC:

IMG_4996a.jpg

If for some reason I don't wear the belt pouch (belt-less shorts for instance), I'll usually remember to drop a Farmer into my pocket.

IMG_4402.JPG

• My Older brother bought me an Officer in 1973, when I was 5. Still got it and pobably why I'm on here now.

Love the farmer in a geoff woods slip for everyday carry. Bought for me by the girlfriend 2 years ago for Christmas.

Last year it was a pk70.

The wedding is June. next year...

:love::rofl:

• Well after a huge sale recently to fund a nice watch I have sold alot of my collection.

But still have all my SAK's (I sold a classic and a Hercules) and I am still carrying my compact. Still don't feel the need to carry anything else.

I do carry a Swisschamp on my belt but thats just because I want to ha ha