A truly *excellent* alternative to Photobucket: postimg.org

Welcome to EM's new look and feel! Please have a quick read of this post and feel free to raise any queries.
Please vote now for our April photography calendar competition winner!
There are still places left for this year's "Alt-Bardster's", in a field in mid Kent, Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th May... with camping and lamb roast! See here and here for details.
  • You need to use the links before you close the browser... if you lose the links, the images are effectively gone.

Unless you create an account and upload them under your account.

Fair enough, thanks.

In the end, it’s better to have a knife on your belt because it works better, than a knife in your showcase because it looks better.......

• I've been using Adblock for quite some time and it really is excellent. I also use Ghostery which blocks all trackers on sites and you'll be amazed at just how much is running in the background that you aren't aware of. As you can see from this screenshot, Ghostery has blocked 13 trackers and Adblock stopped 28 adverts (on Photobucket).

In the end, it’s better to have a knife on your belt because it works better, than a knife in your showcase because it looks better.......

• Especially RTimes website - I HATED that before!

There are also 7 trackers following your every move on the radio times website Paul.

• I've been using Adblock for quite some time and it really is excellent. I also use Ghostery which blocks all trackers on sites and you'll be amazed at just how much is running in the background that you aren't aware of. As you can see from this screenshot, Ghostery has blocked 13 trackers and Adblock stopped 28 adverts (on Photobucket).

Thanks for the tips, that ghost thing looks most interesting, I'll have to look into getting that.

With these ad blockers, don't they stop some windows that you may want though?
    You know, the sort of pop up's that some forums etc may use to log in etc,...I'm sure that's the sort of trouble I have had before. This were years ago now so maybe things have changed in general??

• I've never had a problem with AdBlockPlus (AdBlock).
    Sometimes NoScript will stop a page loading fully in which case I allow the scripts that I want and block those I don't. It sounds a bit daunting believe me it isn't. There is a drop down list of scripts blocked and you can unblock them individually - permanently or temporarily . There is also an option to "Temporarily allow all this".

On the original subject I have used Photobucket for years and have thousands of images stored with them. I always reduce the size of all my images to less than 100k before uploading - not everyone has broadband and on image rich pages it helps without noticeably affecting the image appearance.
    I realize that Photobucket isn't everyone's choice but I have used 3% of my available storage and have yet to be throttled back on bandwidth by them, all because I take the trouble to resize the images before uploading.

• I also use Ghostery which blocks all trackers on sites and you'll be amazed at just how much is running in the background that you aren't aware of.

It's a great tool. My only reservation is that it can hinder as well as help. Anyone who uses Quidco to get cashback, be aware that Ghostery can stop the trackers that Quidco needs to track referrals. You need to whitelist sites like that (provided you trust them!).

• Thanks for the tips, that ghost thing looks most interesting, I'll have to look into getting that.

With these ad blockers, don't they stop some windows that you may want though?
    You know, the sort of pop up's that some forums etc may use to log in etc,...I'm sure that's the sort of trouble I have had before. This were years ago now so maybe things have changed in general??

You can whitelist sites that you actually want popups and the like the appear.

I'm using adblock plus and ghostery and I can't imagine being without them.

BTW, they both work just fine on Chrome, for those who need to know.

• A question from a techno phobe thicko with regard to this recent website discovery.

Is it possible to send images from an Android phone and WhatsApp?

"This is my rifle.There are many like it, but this one is mine"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharpen it like you love it, use it like you hate it.

• I'd like to know how to do that without involving WhatsApp. Lol

You could try downloading the image from the WattsApp group to your phone by saving it to your albums then post it as you would any other image, if you can't upload from your phone to an image hosting website then email or text the image to yourself so you have it available on your pc or phone.