#SHTF, Apocalypse, Bugout

Welcome to EM's new look and feel! Please have a quick read of this post and feel free to raise any queries.
Please vote now for our April photography calendar competition winner!
There are still places left for this year's "Alt-Bardster's", in a field in mid Kent, Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th May... with camping and lamb roast! See here and here for details.
  • @mimozine I really like your collection of fixed blades. Some really nice unusual looking knifes. :thumbup:

Couple of my big ones...

Jim Bowie Knife replica ~ not sure how accurate it is thought tbh but I like it because it's huge (next to my Swiss Champ SAK for size c
    omparison)

A fantasy Knife I bought from a local gun shop ~ not a decent brand or anything but again I like it because it's got a long blade.

;)

• thx gmb, glad you liked them.

fairly sure jim bowies knife looked nothing like that matey, but its a nice looking blade all the same. doesn't mater about brand if you like a knife matey, yes hand made knives in the latest shiny steel can be great but so can a 5 quid knife in the sale, its all about what you like the look of, just enjoy them!

• thx gmb, glad you liked them.

fairly sure jim bowies knife looked nothing like that matey, but its a nice looking blade all the same. doesn't mater about brand if you like a knife matey, yes hand made knives in the latest shiny steel can be great but so can a 5 quid knife in the sale, its all about what you like the look of, just enjoy them!

Thanks mimozine and I do enjoy all my knives.

This is the first knife collectors forum I've ever been a part of and tbh I'm surprised at how much some of the people on here spend on knives.

Don't get me wrong as I love collecting knives, have spent a lot of money on knives over the years myself and understand the importance of decent materials but I would never consider spending over £200 on a little slip joint folder or other small pocket knife for example.

I enjoy restoring knives which started because a lot of the knives I've bought were used as I bought them from jumble sales/car boots. Looking forward to seeing what I can find this year, ...maybe if I get lucky some nice fixed blades like you've got. :love:;)