#SHTF, Apocalypse, Bugout

June's photography competition is now open, please post your entry here :)
Please vote now for May's photo competition winner!
Please dig deep for John56's generous charity auction of a Mr Doyle knife, in aid of Help for Heroes... see here to place your bid. Closes Saturday 17 June at 6pm.
  • @mimozine I really like your collection of fixed blades. Some really nice unusual looking knifes. :thumbup:

Couple of my big ones...

Jim Bowie Knife replica ~ not sure how accurate it is thought tbh but I like it because it's huge (next to my Swiss Champ SAK for size c
    omparison)

A fantasy Knife I bought from a local gun shop ~ not a decent brand or anything but again I like it because it's got a long blade.

;)

• thx gmb, glad you liked them.

fairly sure jim bowies knife looked nothing like that matey, but its a nice looking blade all the same. doesn't mater about brand if you like a knife matey, yes hand made knives in the latest shiny steel can be great but so can a 5 quid knife in the sale, its all about what you like the look of, just enjoy them!

• thx gmb, glad you liked them.

fairly sure jim bowies knife looked nothing like that matey, but its a nice looking blade all the same. doesn't mater about brand if you like a knife matey, yes hand made knives in the latest shiny steel can be great but so can a 5 quid knife in the sale, its all about what you like the look of, just enjoy them!

Thanks mimozine and I do enjoy all my knives.

This is the first knife collectors forum I've ever been a part of and tbh I'm surprised at how much some of the people on here spend on knives.

Don't get me wrong as I love collecting knives, have spent a lot of money on knives over the years myself and understand the importance of decent materials but I would never consider spending over £200 on a little slip joint folder or other small pocket knife for example.

I enjoy restoring knives which started because a lot of the knives I've bought were used as I bought them from jumble sales/car boots. Looking forward to seeing what I can find this year, ...maybe if I get lucky some nice fixed blades like you've got. :love:;)