(Please note that any sections of the forum that you have chosen to hide or have not opted-in to view or are excluded from due to not having the necessary subscription level will be excluded from any search you perform).
There are a few ways of searching for something within a specific section of the forum:
1. Go to the particular section of the forum that you want to search within. For example, if you want to search within the 'Production & Mid-Tech Knives' section, then make sure you open that particular section before initiating the search.
2. Once you are in the section the you want to search within, look to the top right-hand corner of your screen for the magnifying glass symbol:
3. Click on the magnifying glass and you will see the search box, which lets you write in your search terms and search within the section of the forum within which you are initiating the search from:
4a. If you type in your search time and hit Enter/click the smaller magnifying glass, then your search results will be returned on the page that appears.
1. From anywhere in the forum, look to the top right-hand corner of your screen and click on the magnifying glass:
2. Then click on the down arrow:
3. And then click on the 'More Options' label at the bottom of the drop down menu which appears:
This will open a detailed search page, in which you can do some rather more rigorous searching within a chosen section of the forum. You can choose by search term; author; and time frame, as well as specifying aspects of the search at even more granular levels:
4. Type in what it is that you wish to search for, and then in the lowermost section, choose the area of the forum within which you want to search (e.g. Conversations, Forum, Images and/or Lexicon Article) by clicking on the tick boxes. Below all I've clicked on is 'Forum' as this then opens up the option to search within specific sections of the forum:
5. Then select the areas of the forum within which you want to search. You can click on one, or drag your mouse over a continuous list, or use Ctrl + left mouse click to select whichever ones you want, and your choices will be highlighted in blue:
6. Once you've finalised your search term and the exact details of where and how you want to search, click 'Submit'.