3G steel any good ?

Help EM and UK knife making and unlock loads of premium features by buying a subscription here!
  • Anyone have experience of Fallkniven 3G steel.

Bit of a silly question, I know there are many people here who own it so I just want to ask their opinion I guess.

Got one of their little TK3 folders today since I was missing a classy folder since selling my Shing recurve.

Thanks for all replies

• I have a U1 and it takes and holds a sharp edge, seems to sharpen easy on sharpmaker but I’ve had it chip a few times. Good steel all in all for light edc use

KP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a cup of tea with Lofty

• Owned and used a Falkie PXL for a while, absolute dog of a folder, but i enjoyed the steel, treat the 3G as you would any high wear resistant steel, and don't let it get dull. Does reportedly chip out due to the high hardness, but this can sometimes be due to poor sharpening/edge geometry, the TK3, a lovely thing indeed, the jigged bone flavour has been on my want list for ages, which one did you go for, any photos?

"This is my rifle.There are many like it, but this one is mine"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharpen it like you love it, use it like you hate it.

• Owned and used a Falkie PXL for a while, absolute dog of a folder, but i enjoyed the steel, treat the 3G as you would any high wear resistant steel, and don't let it get dull. Does reportedly chip out due to the high hardness, but this can sometimes be due to poor sharpening/edge geometry, the TK3, a lovely thing indeed, the jigged bone flavour has been on my want list for ages, which one did you go for, any photos?

Bought it from here today, Cocobolo.

46953-35997705-449f-4999-ba88-d63f61be95aa-jpeg