Forge-in at Bushfire forge May 18th to 20th 2018.

Help EM and UK knife making and unlock loads of premium features by buying a subscription here!
    • Helpful

I have Dates for the bi annual forge in at Bushfire Forge.

18th to 20th May 2018...

BushFire Forge on the Kent /London Border UK

3 Days of demonstrations, lectures and forging etc.

Demonstrations and Lectures by: (more information soon)

Jeff Helmes – Canada

Paul Macdonald – Scotland

James Elmslie – Scotland

Blenheim Forge– England

Mick Maxen – England

Grace Horne – England

Owen Bush – England

More info Here.

http://owenbush.co.uk/forge-in-may-6th-7th-8th-2016/

and a little Good year, Good will.

Next year May 18th- 20th is my biannual forge in, 50 to 70 people from the craft , from many countries gathering to share knowledge and talk shop and drink beer on the weekend of the 18th 19th 20 May.The forge in has a cost of £150 which I use to cover some of the expenses of the gathering (Its a non profit event, I aim to break even but normally make a loss)

Anyhow I am aware that for some people especially those struggling to make a living from the craft the cost of the event and getting to it, can make it too expensive to attend.
    I have gotten a great deal from gatherings like this, from a technical POV as well as the camaraderie of my fellow craftspeople. I have found it invaluable knowing that I am not alone in my work and I have made some great friends.
    So I guess this is a small way for me to try and give something back, my craft has treated me well.
    I would like to offer up 4 spaces at the forge in for free, and I am willing to cover travel expenses and a sum for food and drink at the event, so attending should cost these 4 people nothing .
    I am really aiming this at people who have started in the craft, so students or Makers rather than absolute beginners.
    So if you would like to come to a Major Bladesmithing gathering. but can't afford it or know someone who fits the bill, email me some details about yourself/them and your/their work at owen@owenbush.co.uk
    This will only be open to people living in the UK (unless there are no takers in which case I may expand it)
    I am not interested in knowing anyones financial situation (asking is enough) and will keep any correspondences and names private.

Wishing a happy new year to you all, may your fires burn bright in 2018. Hope to see a few of you in May.