Para 3 at HH

Enter the EM 2017 Calendar Photography Competition for a chance to have your photo published in the calendar...

"Chew the Fat" is now an "Opt-In" area! Join the 'Chew the Fat' User Group..... See here for details.

• hughtrimble wrote:

Check this thread for info on pricing: Heinnie Haynes Prices!?

Essentially, they can charge what they like. It's a new knife so will warrant a premium. Show your displeasure by not buying it!
      I love HH, they provide top notch service. Most importantly I understand that they are providing a service scarce do and therefore take some of the cream off the top. But this time everything is EXACTLY the same, logically it would be even cheaper to import and just as safe. I am perplexed as to why this is happening. :?: 8| :?:
    • CS9 wrote:

I love HH, they provide top notch service. Most importantly I understand that they are providing a service scarce do and therefore take some of the cream off the top. But this time everything is EXACTLY the same, logically it would be even cheaper to import and just as safe. I am perplexed as to why this is happening. :?: 8| :?:

Exactly the same as what? How is it cheaper to import? 'Just as safe' as what?

Lost me completely.
    • @hughtrimble Sorry maybe I explained it poorly! :)
      Same as the para 2, simply a smaller version in reference to the materials being the same (not costing more).
      Smaller than the para in its weight and size. Therefore less expensive to import.
      And since the mechanism is the same as the para 2, just as likely to pass border control (I understand this has been an issue for them in the past.)

What i was trying to say in my own convoluted way was that the price was not at all justified. And all things considered one would expect it to be a little bit cheaper. But maybe I am missing something?
    • hughtrimble wrote:

CS9 wrote:

Exactly the same as what? How is it cheaper to import? 'Just as safe' as what?

Lost me completely.
      I got told by HH that Edgar brothers set their prices so I presume they buy from Edgar brothers so surely Edgar brothers import them?
    • New

Terry221984 wrote:

i may be wrong....And very cynical but I think it has to do with the fact that heinnies sold alot of pm2's and would like more money....Just a thought

Just looked and blade HQ was selling them for around £97 when in stock out the door makes you wonder what the whole sale price hh pays is
      - under importation rules with Spyderco, HH are supposed to buy their stock through an agreed importer (Edgar Bros) and often they cannot obtain enough stock.

When that happens, and to attempt to 'put stuff on the shelves to satisfy customer demand', HH will buy from a retailer in the 'States..........when that happens, like us, they have to pay vat upon import duty etc., and then after that, when they sell they in turn have to add their vat and handling (HMRC doesn't give HH a speshal deal)........so just work it out :|

There may be permutations and combinations of the above that I'm not aware of, some that make it better and some that make it worse..........however, if you don't like HH's prices you don't have to buy. Period.

...anyone who rides a bike and loves nature, can never be poor, we will always be happy, no matter what

Gunther Muller
    • New

Chui wrote:

When that happens, and to attempt to 'put stuff on the shelves to satisfy customer demand', HH will buy from a retailer in the 'States..........when that happens, like us, they have to pay vat upon import duty etc., and then after that, when they sell they in turn have to add their vat and handling (HMRC doesn't give HH a speshal deal)........so just work it out :|
      Only one lot of VAT gets added. HH will reclaim the VAT they paid at the time of import, same as they would if they bought from Edgar Bros. Then when the sell they charge VAT based on the selling price.
    • New

Griffon wrote:

Chui wrote:

Only one lot of VAT gets added. HH will reclaim the VAT they paid at the time of import, same as they would if they bought from Edgar Bros. Then when the sell they charge VAT based on the selling price.
      - ok, thank you.....I stand corrected.

...anyone who rides a bike and loves nature, can never be poor, we will always be happy, no matter what

Gunther Muller