New Leatherman Rebar EDC

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Please vote for February's EM Calendar photo competition winner! Everyone can vote!

    • New Leatherman Rebar EDC

      Hi ladies & gents,
      Just treated myself to a new UK legal multi-tool as an everyday carry thanks to the excellent crew at Heinnie Haynes. Really nice bit of kit which makes me happy 'cause I can now carry a multi-tool legally all the time! :D

      Will add a picture or two when I'be sorted out. Oh and so that I also have a blade on me brought a Spyderco UK legal penknife so happy, happy guy now.

      Got some extra money from a PPI claim turn up unexpectedly so convinced "The Boss" I could treat myself :thumbsup:

      = Happy Mad Medic :thumbup:
      Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.........and a much overated concept in my not too humble an opinion!
    • Sorry Earthman pictures are on hold, did pictures of the whole collection including multi-tools but camera settings were set too high each picture was 6Mb each! So need to either reduce size on laptop which I haven't a Scooby how to do that otherwise set everything up again and reduce the settings on camera. :cursing:
      Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.........and a much overated concept in my not too humble an opinion!
    • Thanks Earthman somebody else already told me how to do it. Picture including Rebar EDC posted now on my introductory thread along with rest of my eclectic collection.

      If you want close ups or more detailed pictures come back to me and I'll sort out for you.

      Cheers,

      MM
      Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.........and a much overated concept in my not too humble an opinion!
    • Could you still get in trouble for the locking awl and possibly even the saw, though?

      I ended up getting a Knifeless Fuse recently, partly because it has neither of the above locking tools (which will be covered by my Victorinox Harvester anyway), it's a discontinued model, but I found an online store in the US that had old NIB stock. The other reason was that I did try the Rebar, but didn't like the way the tools clump, which they don't do on the Fuse (think the tools must be separated by washers or something like that) . The interchangeable wire cutters are a neat feature on the Rebar, though. The Fuse is a good tool, though TBH I'd prefer a Swisstool Spirit, but the knife on that locks, though I did think you might get away with with the version that only has the non-pointy "butter knife" serated blade (Swisstool Spirit XC).

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Oxford_Guy ().

    • Oxford_Guy wrote:

      Could you still get in trouble for the locking awl and possibly even the saw, though?

      I ended up getting a Knifeless Fuse recently, partly because it has neither of the above locking tools (which will be covered by my Victorinox Harvester anyway), it's a discontinued model, but I found an online store in the US that had old NIB stock. The other reason was that I did try the Rebar, but didn't like the way the tools clump, which they don't do on the Fuse (think the tools must be separated by washers or something like that) . The interchangeable wire cutters are a neat feature on the Rebar, though. The Fuse is a good tool, though TBH I'd prefer a Swisstool Spirit, but the knife on that locks, though I did think you might get away with with the version that only has the non-pointy "butter knife" serated blade (Swisstool Spirit XC).



      If you are handy with a Dremel grinding wheel or file, you can modify the rear of the blade on the Swisstool so that it won't lock any more. I done mine years ago now,.....whether or not it's actually legal to EDC, who knows for sure? It would be interesting to know if the carrying of a multi tool is high up on the agenda in most coppers minds in the first place? If the carrying of one on a belt is spotted, would that person automatically be stopped/questioned about it?? Assuming that the person isn't 'acting suspiciously' at the time I'd like to think that the answer is no but again, who really knows for sure?
    • Hi guys I wondered about the awl too as the law says something about "sharp or bladed item" if memory serves. However I carry it all the time when not at work (Gerber with locking blade at work as reasonable grounds to carry as Electrical Technician) and haven't been stopped YET!

      If I was stopped hands completely clear of body and out in the open with a very clear "I am carrying a UK legal knife and multi-tool Officer what do you want me to do?" Don't fancy getting intimate with either PAVA spray or a Taser Ta. 8o
      Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.........and a much overated concept in my not too humble an opinion!
    • It has all locking design, it is not a folder under 3".
      "It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches." [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]
    • xellos99 wrote:

      It has all locking design, it is not a folder under 3".
      "It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches." [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]
      I know that the blades on the Swisstool are just under 3 inches long, I assume that the Gerber is too so surely they count as folders?

      The only issue is the locking aspect of the blade(s), well that's what most of us have came to, none of the Coppers that I've spoken to have mentioned any other issues with my Swisstool.

      I remember a guy on the other channel were trying to be done over the corkscrew on a SAK, the Officer(s) picked up on the aspect of it having a point as such,.....the case came to nothing in the end.
    • earthman wrote:

      xellos99 wrote:

      It has all locking design, it is not a folder under 3".
      "It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches." [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]
      I know that the blades on the Swisstool are just under 3 inches long, I assume that the Gerber is too so surely they count as folders?
      The only issue is the locking aspect of the blade(s), well that's what most of us have came to, none of the Coppers that I've spoken to have mentioned any other issues with my Swisstool.

      I remember a guy on the other channel were trying to be done over the corkscrew on a SAK, the Officer(s) picked up on the aspect of it having a point as such,.....the case came to nothing in the end.
      You cant actually trust the police so you have to assume the worst.
      The last time I had dealings with the police I did not break the law at all but was arrested and put in a jail cell for a good while.
      The police broke 2 or 3 laws and got away with it.
      They arrested me with only one officer there which is illegal, they did not ask me if I had medical conditions before they locked me in the cell and I was interviewed by CID even though there was no criminal investigation.
      All I did was get in my mates car, drive 3 miles down the road, that's it. We were total minding our own business.
      And trust me the CID calling you a liar to your face and getting your socks covered in ash from fag stumps in a cell is not funny.