Pinned Warning about LD Grinder from Lino Dessi

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Enter the EM 2017 Calendar Photography Competition for a chance to have your photo published in the calendar...

"Chew the Fat" is now an "Opt-In" area! Join the 'Chew the Fat' User Group..... See here for details.

• Warning about LD Grinder from Lino Dessi

I saw an ad from Lino Dessi on the Axe Junkies forum on Facebook about the LD Grinder in October last year. I contacted him for a purchase and according to him he had a grinder ready to ship. I transferred half the amount and we had an agreement that he was to ship the grinder the next week. Unfortunately, what followed the next several months was a series of excuses regarding lacking components and problems with shipping, always with the promise that it was to be shipped within the next week. As Lino apparently is not able to deliver his product or being honest about what’s going on I have the last month tried to get my money back but without success.

I wanted to let this be known so no one else gets scammed.
    • Really sorry to hear this :( The stress it causes is unbelievable. Just the shear frustration; is enough to make you feel ill. I had a similar thing, went on for months, and it just clouded every day. It was all I could think about stopped me doing everything else.

I really hope it gets sorted soon!
    • Metallurgen wrote:

Lino insisted on bank transfer unfortunately, so it’s difficult to pursue it.
      It is very annoying. Luckily I only payed half the amount up front.
      @Metallurgen I really am sorry to hear this. :(
      This is exactly the same circumstances as myself. The trader refused to take PP as it would take to long to get back into his account for him to start
      work on the Trailer to supply to my deadline. I transferred £1000 to his account....! The alarm bells should have been ringing but I was too exhausted from
      the stress of moving home & business..

I shall start a separate thread to see if anyone can help shame this "person" into giving me the money back.
      "Ich habe nur befehle befolgt"
    • Metallurgen wrote:

On his website it gives paypal as an option.
      I always use paypal for international unless it's a seller I either know or know through a third party.
      I had a similar instance however with a seller in Germany that I had actually dealt with in the past.
      Rather expensive collection of knives that I and paid for in instalments.
      After the final instalment, the seller was slow in shipping, and when I questioned him, he said "maybe I decide to keep the knives".
      He finally shipped them (rather quickly) when I told him I was visiting hit part of Germany, and would love to visit him and save him the cost of shipping.
      Oh, and the image I sent of his house (just so I knew where I was going) was probably the clincher.
      Follow me on instagram.
      instagram.com/san_mai_usa/

The post was edited 1 time, last by san-mai-usa ().

• san-mai-usa wrote:

Metallurgen wrote:

On his website it gives paypal as an option.I always use paypal for international unless it's a seller I either know or know through a third party.
      I had a similar instance however with a seller in Germany that I had actually dealt with in the past.
      After the final instalment, the seller was slow in shipping, and when I questioned him, he said "maybe I decide to keep the knives".
      He finally shipped them (rather quickly) when I told him I was visiting hit part of Germany, and would love to visit him and save him the cost of shipping.
      Oh, and the image I sent of his house (just so I knew where I was going) was probably the clincher.
      I asked for PayPal as it was listed, but he refused to use it. I should have stoped there, but it seemed legit.

Unfortunately Italy is a little fra off.
    • Maybe it would be a good idea to have part of the forum to deal with these scammers, obviously care must be taken in case someone has a personal vendetta against an individual, maybe if an email, text etc was sent by the Forum itself as a first instance, and with a warning that other forum members would be made aware of the problems another member is having with the supplier (scammer) it may help the situation, A warning should be given to members as soon as possible if the problem is not solved.It is too easy for scammers nowadays, I see many adverts which say (in the small print), that the seller will not be responsible for goods lost in the post..............which to me is an open opportunity to scam, they simply say I posted it, and there is little you can do.................and in the end Forums are for the good of the members
    • The Feedback threads were a mild way of gauging a good from bad transaction, but maybe we could look at expanding that sub-forum area to accommodate a warnings & heads up type thread.
      We'd have to discuss & if such posts by any of us, ie "me" or "you" were found to be posting maliciously or without some evidence, then I'd be banned as would any other member. Simply, the potential consequences to the Forum for malicious posts without founding & some reasonable time for resolution or arbitration to work would be very damaging.
      "Ich habe nur befehle befolgt"
    • Metallurgen wrote:

san-mai-usa wrote:

Metallurgen wrote:

On his website it gives paypal as an option.I always use paypal for international unless it's a seller I either know or know through a third party.I had a similar instance however with a seller in Germany that I had actually dealt with in the past.
      I asked for PayPal as it was listed, but he refused to use it. I should have stoped there, but it seemed legit.
      Unfortunately Italy is a little far off.
      You're talking to someone who flew to California on a friday to collect some knives and back to the UK on sunday, so going to Italy to kick the cr*p out of someone who screwed me is like going for a drive to the beach. :D
      I'd just combine it with a vacation and maybe buy a couple of things to add to the collection at the same time.
      Follow me on instagram.
      instagram.com/san_mai_usa/
    • san-mai-usa wrote:

You're talking to someone who flew to California on a friday to collect some knives and back to the UK on sunday, so going to Italy to kick the cr*p out of someone who screwed me is like going for a drive to the beach. :D I'd just combine it with a vacation and maybe buy a couple of things to add to the collection at the same time.
      True! :D But I wouldn't go to Italy in vacation and the trip would probably be more than the money I lost.
      Still, if it had been easier to get there I might have done it. :)
    • Feel for you, I have had the same problem with him. I ordered in July and was told i would have it in 10 days, after five months of excuses and false deliveries i got it but it was missing parts. PayPal said i could send it back even if i had been using it. I could not afford to send it back and be without a grinder for another month while buying another, so i kept it. Lino went off the wall when i told him i was keeping it and sent me rude aggressive messages swearing and name calling. I am still waiting for... two accessory arms, tool rest. The machined nut for adjusting the platen tilt and the machined lever for adjusting the forward and back tilt, both of these parts are standard on the machine and have been replaced with nuts. He sent me an email confirming he would send them but all i got was the usual excuses. i asked him why he was not going to send the parts and his reply was............. "Because you are a sh1t" !!!!! Charming man! Beware.